- Tickets On Sale Until
About This Online Seminar
It’s now more challenging than ever to employ staff. And new challenges present themselves almost hourly. The spread of COVID-19, and attempts to slow it down, have presented some of the most unique HR challenges in modern history.
For businesses to operate effectively in this environment, it’s vital to plan ahead and remain compliant in this, until recently, unimaginable situation.
Fast decisions and actions are being taken right now to keep your business operating. But when the dust settles and the new norm is understood by the business community, what will be the employment ramifications of your decisions? What are the consequences of having the majority of staff work from home? When and where do your obligations towards mental health and WHS kick in?
COVID-19 Workplace Law Essentials online seminar is designed for the HR team and those managers and leaders who will be making strategic workforce decisions over the next 6 – 12 months. It will give you a fundamental understanding of the developing employment landscape with essential, to the minute updates of employee/ employer rights and responsibilities in the developing COVID–19 landscape.
Legal CPD Points
- Seminars and other CPD activities are not accredited by The Law Societies of Australia.
- Under the CPD Rules, if this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one “unit” for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included.
- The annual requirement is ten (10) units each year from 1 April to 31 March.
Key Benefits of Attending:
Make strategic workforce decisions by understanding your HR obligations
Navigate mass redundancies and terminations in current and post COVID-19 environment
Manage performance, misconduct, and behavior in a working-from-home environment
Avoid payroll compliance and employment classification risks
Appreciate the new enterprise bargaining landscape and plan for negotiations in this new landscape
Remain compliant with new mental health and illness obligations
Prevent post-termination risks and adverse actions during COVID–19 layoffs
Agenda - June 3, 2020
Key benefits of attending
- Make strategic workforce decisions by understanding your HR obligations
- Navigate mass redundancies and terminations in current and post COVID-19 environment
- Manage performance, misconduct and behavior in a working from home environment
- Avoid payroll compliance and employment classification risks
- Appreciate the new enterprise bargaining landscape and plan for negotiations in this new landscape
- Remain compliant with new mental health and illness obligations
- Prevent post termination risks and adverse actions during COVID–19 layoffs
Who should attend?
- Heads of HR
- General Managers
- Operations Managers
- Heads of departments
- Heads of People and Culture
- People and Capability Managers
- HR Advisors
- Performance Managers
- Diversity and Equality managers
- Employment Relations Managers