About the Course
In an age of instant communication, the need for public sector agencies to effectively communicate with the wide community cannot be understand. Local communities, small business, the corporate sector, NGOs and various levels of government often all need to be engaged simultaneously to facilitate meaningful service deliver.
Community and Stakeholder Engagement for Government is an interactive course addressing key engagement sticking points for Government. Multi-faceted engagement tasks are challenging, requiring a balance between decisiveness and accommodating multiple points of view. This course will teach participants to incorporate effective community and stakeholder engagement strategies in these situations.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit those in the public sector who:
• Engage with communities and stakeholders during their work
• Need the input of communities and stakeholders in their agency planning and decision making
• Need a greater understanding of when and how agencies should engage communities and stakeholders in their planning and decision making
• Play organisational roles in community and stakeholder engagement processes
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am Start of course
• Principles of effective stakeholder engagement
• The evolution of engagement theory and practice
• Stakeholder identification and mapping
• Managing risks in engagement activities
• Innovative methods of engagement
• Practical management of engagement activities
• Tips and tools for effective facilitation of groups and meetings
• Managing conflict in stakeholder engagement
• Evaluating stakeholder engagement
About the Trainer
Martin Bass has over 20 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, both in his capacities as a local government manager and independent consultant. Martin has developed broad skills and experience in planning, managing and rolling out innovative and effective stakeholder engagement programs. He has a sound understanding of the theoretical and practical elements of stakeholder engagement – particularly within the public sector.
In his consulting role Martin works principally with Local and State Government agencies. He designs and implements stakeholder engagement and strategic planning activities, building staff and agency capacities to manage these processes in-house.
Price & Booking Details
FIRST IN RATE
$999 plus GST Super Sneaky Rate, if you register and pay before 23 NOvember
EARLY BIRD RATE
$1099 plus GST Early Bird Rate, if you register and pay before 17 January
LAST MINUTE RATE
$1199 plus GST Last Minute Rate, if you register and pay AFTER 17 January
Cliftons Training Centre
1/440 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000