SUMMIT AGENDA: DAY 1 – 6th March 2019
The Evolving role of the CDO
9:00am: Opening Keynote: Defining the role of the Chief Digital Officer
- Implementing effective digital strategies by appreciating the volatile CDO landscape
- Future-proofing your digital strategy with market foresight
- Stamping your authority on the CDO role
- Ensuring the digital strategy is at the forefront of company decision making
- Building a culture of change and innovation
- Communicating your role and responsibilities to senior stakeholders
- Eliminating confusion about the CDO role
9:50am: Keynote: The necessity for CDOs to become strategic company leaders
- Achieving leadership credibility by seeking more responsibilities
- Operationalizing day to day requirements
- Strategic and operational planning
- Marketing and selling
- Ensuring efficiency throughout digital and IT departmental restructures
- Gaining the authority and by-in to drive digital transformation
- Sustaining momentum throughout complex digital transformations
Speaker: Tanya Graham, Chief Digital & Business Transformation Officer, Alinta Energy
10:40am: Morning tea
Collaborating and Looking abroad with Digital Strategies
11:00am: Panel Discussion: Can we incorporate digital strategies from overseas conglomerates in the Australian market?
- Looking abroad how is the Digital strategy being tackled overseas?
- Who are leading in this space?
- What we can learn?
- Why is Australia so far behind?
- Organisations still struggling to align digital properly
- How to get organisations to catch up and move on from basic foundational digital processes?
- What lessons can be learnt from collaborating?
- Benefits of the Private and public sectors working together
Marcus Marchant, Chief Digital & Innovation Officer, QBE Insurance
Aris Kinnas, Director of Digital, Foxtel
Leisa Bacon, Director Audiences, Australian Broadcast Corporation
Tracy Bell, Digital Operations Leader, Australian Conservation Foundation
Digital Change management
11:50am: Case Study: Defining your digital goals to ensure an effective strategy
- How to build your digital strategy from the ground up
- Cultivating organisational by-in when your digital strategy is in its infancy
- Creating a strong foundation for your digital strategy to grow
- Sourcing the appropriate software for your digital plan
- Setting realistic goals to ensure a successful rollout of digital strategy
Speaker: Elisha Booth, Head Of Digital Operations, Lowes Manhattan Pty Ltd
12:40 pm Lunch
1:40pm: Case Study: Lessons learnt from scaled digital transformation…so far!
- Digitisation vs Digitalisation and the role of the wider organisation in transformation
- Learning from Lego – standardisation creates innovation
- What has worked, what hasn’t, and why.
Speaker: Stephen Bowen, Head of Digital Platforms & Accelerators, Telstra
2:30pm: Digital change management & transitioning to the next stage of your business transformation
- Understanding the key digital strategies essential to the next phase of your transformation
- Ensuring full realisation of your digital strategy by preventing internal interference
- Scope to identify how evolving technology can benefit your organisation
Speaker: Jennifer Scott, GM Digital Transformation & Performance, ANZ
3:20pm Afternoon tea
Digital war on Talent
3:40pm: Practical approaches to defining your digital strategy
- Effectively determining the right talent to implement the digital strategy
- Does the employee have the right capabilities or is lacking in understanding of the digital space?
- “All talk when you need delivery”
- The value to outsource the implementation or can the strategy be resolved inhouse
- Is the leadership cable and ready to oversee the transition?
Speaker: Kylie McLean, Chief Digital Officer, IBM
4:30pm: Case study: Cultivating brand loyalty through customer centralization
- How to create brand awareness through a cost-effective digital strategy
- Understanding the importance of defining your market and demographic
- Utilising pre-existing Data
- Minimum viable product
- Trying to get a 360 view of your customer
- Countering resistance from clients, because they think they have a solution that works.
Speaker: Peter Brown, Head of Digital, Daily Telegraph
5:20pm: End of day one & networking drinks