Graduate Conference Producer
What we are looking for
Conference producer? What is that? If you’ve never heard of this role before, that’s OK. It’s a niche market. We’re a corporate conference company. Conferences and training is what we do. The conference producer is responsible for the end to end production of a conference. This includes the market research, inviting and confirming the speakers, writing the copy and helping with the marketing of the event through content pieces. This is not an event management role. You will not be responsible for logistics, just the content and the overall project management. What’s in it for you?
- A mini-graduate education in business; our conference topics cover a broad range from HR to Engineering to Finance
- Speak to today’s existing and emerging leaders; we have C-Level speakers on our programs
- Get published; your speaker interviews and topic appropriate blogs get published on our website and on external publications where we can
What’s in it for us? Producers are the key to our product excellence so we want to make sure we’re selecting the best possible applicants. That’s not necessarily top of the class, that’s the individuals we think have the tenacity, confidence, maturity and strength of character to turn an idea into reality through research. Producers must have confidence, the ability to talk to anyone, from the top down, with authority and ease. You’ll own your project from start to finish and quality will matter to you. You will be able to:
- Multi-task, manage competing priorities and work independently under pressure
- Be a quick study; be able to translate ideas into commercially viable programs
- Have a strong understanding of business and business processes
- Have exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Have the confidence to use those skills to talk to anyone of any level
- Have excellent time management and the ability to stick to tight deadlines
- Be proactive and think ahead of the curve
- You will also hold a Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent
Production isn’t like any other job, it’s results orientated and you really own each and every project you work on. That means pride in your work and in yourself. We don’t need you to have experience, just an “can-do” attitude. We’ll train you. Please only apply if you have the right to work in Australia or are an Australian citizen.
You need to be confident and comfortable talking with senior executives on a range of topics. Bachelor degree or higher Commercial work experience favoured – especially interviewing ability and field journalism and or telephone sales Confident phone manner including the ability to cold call
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Commercial work experience favoured – especially interviewing ability and field journalism and or telephone sales
- Confident phone manner including the ability to cold call
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Exceptional written ability
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- The ability to sell yourself, the company and the benefits of presenting at an industry event over the phone
What’s in it for you
Conference production is unlike any other job, you can actually feel the reward of attending something that you created from scratch. Get to know powerful people and leverage great relationships like only you can.
Talk to us about our profit share scheme, available to our most successful producers.
Take the first step in your new, rewarding career and apply now.