About the Course
Every department across all levels of government has felt the impact of extreme uncertainty at the policy level this year.
This online masterclass will give you a fundamental understanding of policy development in the context of crisis implementation. You will develop strategic, anticipatory policy advice, ensure continuous evaluation of policy and use real-life case studies to apply practical lessons in your department’s unique circumstances.
This course will challenge attendees to think clearly about how unexpected events and policy interrelate and influence policy documents that they produce. You will be guided through exercises designed to enhance your ability to clearly communicate complex policy issues in an emergency environment, take away frameworks for the preparation, planning and recovery of crisis, and learn how to incorporate forward thinking, evidence driven policies in your outlook
Key Benefits of Attending:
- Effectively prepare, write and present policy documentation
- Use plain English to convey key thoughts
- Present your findings via multiple communication channels
- Apply critical thinking processes to the development of policy
- Communicate with ease to senior and key decision makers
- Utilise experts and focus groups to deliver meaningful initiatives
- Overcome changing government priorities
Module 1 - October 06 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Module 2 - October 07 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Module 3 - October 08 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
About the trainer
MANAGING DIRECTOR, ALEXANDRA AND ASSOCIATES
As the Managing Director of Alexandra and Associates, Jason has delivered over 90 consulting and research projects including policy reviews, national R&D coordination, program evaluations, and strategic planning. He works to integrate theory and practice, drawing on numerous perspectives and disciplines. Jason has developed high-level communication, interpersonal, strategic skills working in government, business and NGO’s. He has developed these skills over years of senior leadership positions ranging from CEO to senior executive and director roles.
Jason has been responsible for coordinating programs focused on Australia’s largest and politically most complex river system. In these roles, he had wide-ranging responsibilities for national water policy reforms, such as water market reforms and for the delivery of intergovernmental strategies on salinity, water quality and native fish and negotiated and managed R&D partnerships on climate science and climate change risks assessment.
Who should attend?
- Policy managers, officers, developers, advisors & consultants
- Divisional managers
- Research officers
- Compliance officers
- Branch Managers
- Evaluation Specialists
On-Site and In House Training
Want this course tailored to your unique issues, delivered on your premises?
The benefits of In-House Training solutions are:
- Tailoring content specific to your organisation
- Save money by eliminating travel, accommodation and group costs
- Reduce administrative and logistical effort
- Qualified trainers who have decades of industry knowledge and experience
- Empowered staff with while they grow as a unified team
Talk to us about an on-site and in-house customised training solution