ABOUT THIS COURSE
Project management is a twenty-first century life skill.
Introduction to Project Management Masterclass is designed for professionals who require an overview and practical understanding of project management.
You will take away skills for managing, running and contributing to your organisation’s projects of any scale or context. You will learn the main aspects of project management, enabling a better understanding of project management structure, project managers role, how to ask the relevant questions of project stakeholders and improve your contribution to successful projects within an organisation.
Facilitated by these amazing project management experts:
TERRY QUANBOROUGH, Director and Principal, TQ Projects
Terry Quanborough has worked in the Information Technology industry for over 30 years, initially based in England, then in New Zealand and Australia.
He has undertaken business assignments in most countries within Asia plus Mauritius, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and the United Kingdom in both the Government and Private Sectors.
Terry has held several Senior Executive positions in global Professional and Consulting Services organisations, with primary focus on Systems Integration and Program / Project Management including project governance. His career has included over 25 years with major multinational corporations such as Digital Equipment Corporation and Compaq Computer Corporation, where he held several senior positions within the Asia Pacific Executive Team.
He was Asia Pacific Director, Program Management Office for a multi-national organisation with specific responsibility for the strategy and health of the project portfolio across the region, plus project management competency and the project methods, processes, standards and tools. He was also the custodian/co-developer of the methodology and the project management training and development program. In addition, he drove the PMI® certification program for program and project managers and introduced the concept, then managed and delivered Project Management Universities across Asia Pacific. This model was subsequently rolled out on a worldwide basis.
Prior to that role, Terry was Manager, Australia Professional Services, a Project and Consulting Practice with a large base of client-facing project managers and consultants deployed throughout Australia. He was responsible for revenue, margin and client satisfaction.
Terry specialises in Project Management and Consulting Services that includes Project Reviews & Governance and also Program / Project Offices set-up and/or review with associated processes, methods and governance structures, sometimes using a build-operate-transfer model. He also advises, mentors, coaches and conducts both public and in-house project management training programs.
Education & professional affiliations:
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) – United Kingdom
- Graduate of the Melbourne Business School Executive Program, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Management Studies (DMS), Nottingham Trent University, England
- Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI®)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Diploma in Project Management (BSB51407)
- Chartered Member of the British Computer Society – The Chartered Institute for IT (MBCS)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Member of the Institute of IT Professionals (MIITP) – New Zealand
He is a speaker at international project management conferences and seminars, and has written several Project Management related papers. He is a founder member of the Project Management Institute (PMI®) Sydney Chapter and served as a Board Director for 5 years and is a recipient of the PMI® Australia Chapters’ “Distinguished Contribution Award”. On a voluntary basis, Terry participates as leader or on-site visit team member for the PMI® Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management (GAC). The GAC supports the accreditation of University project management programs on a world-wide basis.
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to ask meaningful questions about a project and contribute effectively
- The characteristics of a project, frameworks and disciplines
- The roles and responsibilities of Project Managers
- The knowledge areas and competences that a successful PM must possesses
- Project management tools and techniques
- How projects play a critical role in achieving organisational objectives
- How to apply project principles in order to achieve project objectives
- The critical role of stakeholder management and communications
- Importance of professionally closing a project
Who Should Attend
- Project team members
- Staff who are involved in projects or initiative now or in the future
- Project managers - requiring a refresher
- Project Management Office (PMO) staff
- Managers of Project Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Governance team members
- Consultants and project consultants