ABOUT THIS COURSE
Financial literacy is a core competency of every manager – especially in the public sector. As your career develops, understanding finance becomes even more important. Every career requires an awareness of financial management, statements, budgeting, revenue and analysis.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers will give you the skills to participate in financial management with confidence. You will understand critical financial terms, read financial statements, discern trends in financial performance and use that knowledge to achieve. You will become an invaluable asset to your company, being equipped to add value to your division and fast-track your career.
Your Expert Facilitator
LINDSAY DEWBERRY, Managing Director, Panache Training & Consulting
Lindsay has held a variety of senior accounting and management roles across several national banks and fund management firms before establishing Panache Training & Consulting in 2000.
Lindsay is and has been the exclusive provider of finance training for the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services for the last 11 years.
Heavily involved in the development and delivery of training programs across a diverse range of workplace and tertiary education environments, Lindsay boasts significant expertise in the areas of performance measurement and external accounting.
His cross-industry experience includes the financial services, hospitality, federal and state governments, not-for profit and manufacturing sectors, with a significant client base across both large and small organisations.
Some of the other organisations Lindsay has consulted with include NAB, ANZ, MLC, Telstra, Coles Myer, Tabcorp, Nine Entertainment Co, Disney Australia, CSL, Limited, Colonial First Aid Global Asset Management, TNT, Transurban, Mercedes Benz, Australian Catholic University, Deakin University, Relationships Australia, NSW Health, Melbourne Water, VicUrban , Public Transport Victoria, Attorney General’s Department and the Department of Defence. His major focus over the last 15 years has been the development and facilitation of accounting and financial services related training.
Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase your understanding of important financial terms
- Analyse and interpret financial statements accurately/ Improve your budgeting ability for key items such as revenues and expenses
- Meet and surpass financial objectives through/ Appreciate how costs behave to more effectively manage them
- Improve decision making through by understanding financial statements
- Streamline communication between finance and non finance departments
- Increased ability to use accounting reports
- Manage key budgets such as revenues and expenses/ Expanded awareness of clients' and suppliers' financial positions
Who Should Attend
- CEOs and Executive staff from Non-financial backgrounds
- Senior Managers and Operational staff
- General Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Managers/ Business Analysts/ Sales Managers/ Marketing Managers