About this Masterclass
In an age of instant communication, the need for public sector agencies to effectively communicate with the wider community cannot be underestimated. Local communities, small business, the corporate sector, NGOs, and various levels of government often all need to be engaged simultaneously to facilitate meaningful service delivery.
Community and Stakeholder Engagement for Government is an interactive course addressing key engagement sticking points for Government. Multifaceted engagement tasks are challenging, requiring a balance between decisiveness and accommodating multiple points of view. This course will teach participants to incorporate effective community and stakeholder engagement strategies in these situations.
Facilitated by our incredible trainer
MARTIN BASS, DIRECTOR, MARTIN BASS CONSULTING
Martin Bass has over 20 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, both in his capacities as a local government manager and independent consultant. Martin has developed
broad skills and experience in planning, managing, and rolling out innovative and effective stakeholder engagement programs. He has a sound understanding of the theoretical and practical elements of stakeholder engagement – particularly within the public sector.
In his consulting role, Martin works principally with Local and State Government agencies. He designs and implements stakeholder engagement and strategic planning activities, building staff and agency capacities to manage these processes in-house.
Enabling you to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of effective stakeholder engagement
- Identify and manage the risks involved in stakeholder engagement
- Practically identify key stakeholders and analyse their needs and interests
- Utilise effective techniques for engaging with stakeholders
- Practice effective facilitation and conflict management
- Allocate resources according to project and organisational imperatives
- Apply stakeholder management techniques through case studies and examples
This course will benefit those in the public sector who:
- Engage with communities and stakeholders during their work
- Need the input of communities and stakeholders in their agency planning and decision making
- Need a greater understanding of when and how agencies should engage communities and stakeholders in their planning and decision making
- Play organisational roles in community and stakeholder engagement processes