About the Course
Financial literacy is a core competency of every manager. As your career develops, understanding finance becomes even more important. Every career requires an awareness of financial management, statements, budgeting, revenue and analysis.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers will give you the skills to participate in financial management with confidence. You will understand critical financial terms, read financial statements, discern trends in financial performance and use that knowledge to achieve. You
will become an invaluable asset to your company, being equipped to add value to your division and fast-track your career.
Who Should Attend
This financial management training course is designed for all employees, from senior executives down to the core, line manager functional roles who require an understanding of the financial
drivers of business, from any industry or particular sector:
- CEOs and executive staff from non-financial backgrounds
- Senior managers and operational staff
- General Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Managers
- Business Analysts
- Sales Managers
- Marketing Managers
PLUS: Those seeking to better understand the fundamental principles of finance in all levels of the NFP, private and government sectors.
Understanding Financial Statements
- Accounting terminology within Financial Statements
- The role and content of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement,
- The Income Statement: Understanding the layers of profit and key terminology
- The Balance Sheet: Assets, liabilities and equity explained; the differences between current and noncurrent items
- The Cash Flow Statement: The differences between operating cash flow, investing cash flow and financing cash flow
Analysing and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Understanding vertical analysis
- The power of ratio analysis using : -
- Performance ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Leverage ratios
- Case study analysis of ratios and implications of ratios
Planning and Budgeting Frameworks
- Understanding planning processes
- Where does budgeting fit in
- Understanding revenue cost behaviour
- Budgeting for operational revenues and costs
- Monitoring and control processes
Capital Budgeting And Investment Analysis
- Treatment of capital expenditure
- Capital expenditure budgeting analysis tools
- Payback periods
- Discounted Cash Flows, Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Hurdle rates, cost of capital and required rates of return
5:30pm Close of Training Course
About the Trainer
Panache Training & Consulting
Lindsay has held a variety of senior accounting and management roles across several national banks and fund management firms before establishing Panache Training & Consulting in 2000.
Heavily involved in the development and delivery of training programs across a diverse range of workplace and tertiary education environments, Lindsay boasts significant expertise in the areas of performance measurement and external accounting.
His cross-industry experience includes the financial services, hospitality, federal and state governments, not-for-profit and manufacturing sectors, with a significant client base across both large and small organisations.
Some of the organisations Lindsay has consulted with include NAB, ANZ, MLC, Telstra, Coles Myer, Tabcorp, Nine Entertainment Co, Disney Australia, CSL, Limited, Colonial First Aid Global Asset Management, TNT,
Transurban, Mercedes Benz, Australian Catholic University, Deakin University, Relationships Australia, NSW Health, Melbourne Water, Attorney General’s Department, Victorian Department of Human Services, and the Department of Defence. His major focus over the last 5 years has been the development and facilitation of accounting and financial services related training.
Price & Booking Details
SUPER SNEAKY RATE
$999 + GST if you register and pay before 29 November
EARLY BIRD RATE
$1099 + GST if you register and pay before 25 January
$1199 + GST if you register and pay AFTER 25 January
Cliftons Training Centre